Get to know us!
- A heritage luxury fashion and lifestyle brand that designs retails exclusive South African clothing and accessories.
- Sun Goddess was founded in 2001 and the idea was to harvest stories and images of South African traditions through fashion.
- Our brand is rooted in heritage stories that celebrate a regal Africa, one transcending time and fashion, with fashion as means of self articulation.
- The designs are quintessentially South African as highlighted in the rare and exquisite signature handiwork, fabrics and unique palettes, thereby defining African luxury.
- The House of Sun Godddess Our also offres other exclusive luxury goods and new lines such as handcrafted bags, leather goods, eyewear, signature textiles, footwear and hats. Most recently the brand has launched more lifestyle products in collaboration with provinces who need a Jhb footprint.
Essence & Highlights of the Sun Goddess Brand
- To date Sun Goddess has been showcased in some of the most prestigious platforms locally and globally, as it continues to express an authentic and uniquely African Lifestyle experience.
Internationally, we have also had the privilege to proudly represented South African Fashion at various Fashion Weeks Platforms in the following countries:
London in the United Kingdom, Atlanta and Washington in the USA, new Delhi and Mumbai in India, Seoul in Korea, Lagos in Nigeria, Madagascar, Stockholm in Sweden, Nairobi in Kenya, Singapore, Sicily Caltanissetta and Sicily in Italy, Utrecht and Amsterdam in the Netherlands and, Acapulco in Mexico.
Awards and Recognition
Sun Goddess is an enduring and multi award winning brand with over 50 awards locally and internationally. Both brand and founders have proudly represented South African fashion, both receiving global accolades such as:
- Awarded Designer of the Year 2016 by the Eastern Entertainment Awards
- Co-Founded the Gauteng Fashion Council an industry body to help create more structure and long term sustainability
- SA Designer of the year; Retailer of the Year;
- Best Customer Service 2014 by the National Council of Shopping Centres iconic style awards; and The international Crown Awards. (For the previous Nelson Mandela Store, L38)
- Dubbed the ‘Afro-Gucci’ by The Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung Newspaper,
- A Sun Goddess gown was once voted as ‘Most Beautiful Object’ in 2006 in South Africa.
- Most recently, Sun Goddess got recognized in the Pantone Colour of the Century Book by New York based experts; this being a huge honour as it was the only design house outside of EEurope and the USA to get featured. Only twenty Colours made the list, a Sun Goddess dress was one of them. A Proudly South African moment.
At Sun Goddess we look forward to a new exciting chapter at the iconic Nelson Mandela Square as we get ready to welcome back the both the local and international discerning customers. Excited to offer a complete African luxury experience from the fashion to exclusive S. African luxury lifestyle accessories for loving and living.